Wednesday, January 27, 2016
Post Traumatic Snow Reaction "PTSR"
I woke up this morning and I felt like great, great Grandpa Resnick. My shoulders were achy, my back was stiff, my neck was hurting and I was generally in a foul mood. I have a feeling that I wasn't the only one...
That amount of snow that Blizzard Jonas gave us was past the point of ridiculousness, in fact it was past the point of absurd. Fortunately, most of us will recover in a timely fashion. Here are some things to do to help the body weather the storm...
- A moist heating pad feels great (for 15-20 minutes over achy areas)
- If you are really feeling pain, put some ice over the area (put the ice pack over a damp towel)
- Hot showers can really be soothing as they loosen the joints and help the muscles move well
- Do some easy stretching for your joints to increase mobility
- Please WALK SOFTLY WITH CARE (no slipping and sliding)
All kidding aside, unfortunately their is always a decent amount of people that get really hurt from this ridiculous weather. I don't want that happening to any of you. Be very diligent when walking outside and make sure your footing is true.
Of course if you need us, don't hesitate to call- we are always here for you.
Yours in good health,
Dr. Ray and Staff