Office logo

Office logo
Logo

Friday, February 19, 2021

"It doesn't take much"


 
A couple of days ago I had a new patient come in who is in his early 60s. He said to me he has never had low back issues before and he was in considerable amount of discomfort. I asked him as I always do, "did any incident create this" because over the years their are times when something a person does can trigger a health issue or a persons repetition at work can create issues or even many times patients will say "doc, I didn't do anything."

So, again, I asked this new patient if anything triggered his discomfort/this incident. He said yes finally-last week I was pushing my slippers out of the way...
Over the past 35 years of adjusting human beings, I have heard lots of interesting ways that people hurt themselves-pushing slippers out of the way is one of the funnier things I've heard. When this patient mentioned the slippers I started chuckling and apologizing because I had just met this person. He didn't get mad at me because he knew I had a good heart as he was referred to the office for just such issues with lower backs. 

I mention this story because people will deal with their issues and not come in for treatment because they feel like it will go away in a couple of days and in fact sometimes that is true. But its always a good idea to come into the office, call or email us if you think something is an issue. Dr. Ray will give you some stretches to do at home, give you a consultation or adjustment and just check you out to make sure all is ok.

Unfortunately there are innumerable ways to aggravate our spine. So keep on being safe and healthy, wear your masks and be kind. Dr. Ray is fully vaccinated and ready to keep on serving the great folks of Chester County. Thanks for the continued support.

Yours in good health,

Dr. Ray and Staff

No comments:

Post a Comment