Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Hope everybody is doing well and enjoying our non-snow, cold winter.
That reminds me to remind ya'll that if we do (and I really hope we don't) get a decent amount of snowfall with inches, please remember;..
1. Be conscious of proper lifting techniques- bend the legs and knees so it is easier on your lower back
2. Please listen to your body and when you feel fatigue take a rest
3. For the senior citizens out there, try your best to hire someone or get some other party to do the snow removal for you. It really is very heavy work for the body, heart, and spine.
4. If you own a back brace, for protection put the back brace on while shoveling snow- it will increase support.
5. When fixing your clogged snow blower, make sure it is off and you bend with the knees to get residual snow out from the machine.
Just some safety tips from the Doc. Hope that spring is around the corner. Stay safe...
Yours in good health,
Dr. Ray and Staff